Her Majesty's Royal Chapel of the Mohawks

[  Suggest an Update |  Print Version (New Window) ]
Record #: SIM4139 Last Full Update: 12 Feb 2013
Description & Services
Map RecordView Google Map
DescriptionBuilt in 1785, the chapel is the first Protestant church in Ontario and the first Royal chapel in the world belonging to native people * Widely known for its eight stained glass windows depicting segments from the Six Nations history * Also the final resting place of Captain Joseph Brant who in 1784 brought his people from New York State and settled along the Grand River
Hours* Jul-Labour Day - Mon-Sun 10 am-5 pm 
* May-Jun & Labour Day-Oct - Wed-Sun 10 am-5 pm 
* Winter - Open by special request
DatesAll year
Areas ServedBrant County ; Brantford
FeesService - $3 per person * Drop-ins ; Donation
LanguagesEnglish
Location, Telephone & Internet
Address & Map
301 Mohawk St
Brantford, ON
 
View Google Map
Located In CommunityBrantford
IntersectionMohawk St and Birkett Ln
Office Phone519-756-0240
Crisis PhoneRev Jim Sutton - 519-752-6451; 
Rev Larry Brown - 519-770-6716
E-Mailinfo@mohawkchapel.ca
Websitewww.mohawkchapel.ca
Contact Information
Mailing Addressc/o Chair 
Box 22074 
794 Colborne St E 
Brantford, ON N3S 7V1
Primary ContactAudrey Bomberry, Curator/Custodian, Her Majesty's Royal Chapel of the Mohawks
Alternate ContactRev Larry Brown; Phone: (Business) 519-770-6716 * (Business) 519-304-2844; Email: holytrinity@brantanglican.net
Other Details
Alternate NameHer Majesty's Royal Chapel of the Mohawks
AccessibilityNot Accessible
Meetings3rd Thu
Established1785
Subjects
Service CategoriesHistory Museums
SubjectsChurches ; Cultural communities ; History ; Museums ; Native peoples